President Obama had some fun giving a toast to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau at a state dinner Thursday.
From cracking a joke about Canadian-born Sen. Ted Cruz to relating a telling anecdote about Trudeau’s father, Obama was clearly having a good time.
Here’s a full transcript of his toast—and Trudeau’s response.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart