President Obama had some fun giving a toast to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau at a state dinner Thursday.
From cracking a joke about Canadian-born Sen. Ted Cruz to relating a telling anecdote about Trudeau’s father, Obama was clearly having a good time.
Here’s a full transcript of his toast—and Trudeau’s response.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases