After nine years of gallivanting around the globe, the Dos Equis ‘Most Interesting Man in the World’ is retiring later this year.
The Heineken-owned beer brand is planning to sunset the ads starring 77-year-old Jonathan Goldsmith, who gained fame for the tagline, “I don’t always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis,” USA Today, reports.
The successful campaign has helped Dos Equis triple its business since launching in 2006, with sales rising 10% in the last year alone. According to Heineken, the beer is especially popular among Latino men, a growing part of the U.S. population.
In the Most Interesting Man’s final ad, he blasts off on a one-way trip to Mars as characters who have appeared in his ads through the years send him off.
Dos Equis is planning to relaunch the campaign later this year with a new, younger Most Interesting Man and plotlines more squarely aimed at Millennials.
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism