Marina and the Diamonds is joining the likes of Adele and Lady Gaga by voicing her support for Kesha amid the “Tik ToK” singer’s legal battle against music producer Dr. Luke.
Marina (real name: Marina Diamandis) called Kesha “brave” for “confronting her alleged abuser in front of the entire world” and believes that Kesha “will win the end.” She issued her statement in a series of tweets on Tuesday, which also is International Women’s Day, a few days after telling one fan on Twitter that she planned to speak out on the matter.
“To all of Kesha’s fans who have been protesting, I truly admire you,” Marina wrote. “When you fight for someone else’s injustice, you also fight for the injustices in your own life.”
In a 2014 lawsuit, Kesha alleged that music producer Dr. Luke verbally and sexually assaulted her; Dr. Luke (real name: Lukasz Gottwald) has repeatedly denied the allegations. Last month, a judge ruled that Kesha could not be released from her record label contract while her lawsuit plays out in court, which prompted stars such as Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande to back her on social media.
Read her tweets below:
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World