Like it or not, driverless cars are just around the corner. And once our vehicles don’t need our constant attention, they can be redesigned in radical ways.
Case in point: Ford’s latest patent, which calls for putting a projector-based home theater setup inside a car.
The idea works like this, per Gizmodo: With a car in autonomous driving mode, passengers could activate a screen that rolls down in front of the windshield. Then, a projector between the front headrests beams video footage onto that display.
Ford’s idea makes some sense. After all, if you no longer need to keep your eyes on the road, they’re free to binge-watch the new season of House of Cards while you’re on the way to work. Still, as with all patents, there’s no guarantee this one will ever see the light of day.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time