The ostrich is the world’s largest bird, and while it doesn’t fly, it can cover a lot of ground in a single stride. So while you may have forgotten that ostriches can run up to 43 miles an hour, it’s a lesson these two bicyclists aren’t soon to forget.
In a video making the rounds on the Internet after being posted by Unilad on Facebook, a seemingly irate ostrich chases down two spandex clad cyclists as they make their way down a road. While they try to outrace the bird, according to the National Wildlife Foundation, ostriches can run faster “than Lance Armstrong in a time trial.” The jumbo birds are capable of motoring on for 10 miles straight at a clip of 30 miles an hour, which is fast enough to earn an ostrich a speeding ticket in a school zone.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization