Saturday Night Live mocked the support presidential hopeful Donald Trump has received from white supremacists after his controversial endorsement from former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke.
The show aired a fake ad showing “what real Americans” are saying about Donald Trump before revealing that those speaking in the commercial are members of the KKK or other hate groups.
“The guy’s a winner,” one voter says. “He’s authentic,” another chimes in. “I think he can make this country great again,” another says. At the end of the clip, viewers can see that one of the subjects is wearing a Nazi armband, while another is ironing a KKK uniform. The ad ends with a giant “Racists for Trump” logo.
SNL also tackled Trump’s viral Super Tuesday victory speech in which New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie stands behind the Republican frontrunner — an awkward moment that had Twitter wondering if Christie was being held hostage.
“The media is saying they haven’t seen anything like this, not since Germany in the 1930s,” actor Darrel Hammond’s Donald Trump says alongside Bobby Moynihan’s timid Chris Christie. “I mean, everyone loves me. Racists. Ugly racists. People who didn’t even know they were racists … I even have this fat piece of crap behind me now.”
“I mean, he really is a sad, desperate little potato back there. Aren’t you Chris?” Hammond adds. “Yes, sir. Thank you, sir. Please, sir, may I have another?” Moynihan responds.
In another scene, Jason Sudeikis portrayed Mitt Romney to say how he probably didn’t change the minds of any Trump supporters after delivering his “aggressive, passionate, well measured anti-Trump speech.”
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time