Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney made the case against Donald Trump in Utah Thursday.
In a speech at the University of Utah, Romney called Trump a “phony” and a “fraud” and argued that his policies would lead to a recession. Though he did not endorse a rival, Romney called for Republicans to vote for the candidate who can win their state.
Here is the full text of his remarks.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement