Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney made the case against Donald Trump in Utah Thursday.
In a speech at the University of Utah, Romney called Trump a “phony” and a “fraud” and argued that his policies would lead to a recession. Though he did not endorse a rival, Romney called for Republicans to vote for the candidate who can win their state.
Here is the full text of his remarks.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief