“Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud,” Romney will say. “He’s playing the American public for suckers: He gets a free ride to the White House and all we get is a lousy hat.”
The speech—to be held at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City at 11:30 a.m. ET—comes as a slew of establishment Republicans take aim at Trump’s candidacy. Several groups opposed to Trump’s candidacy have poured millions into a last-ditch effort to change the direction of the campaign in recent days. Romney has previously challenged Trump on Twitter, calling on him to release his tax returns and condemning Trump’s reluctance to condemn the KKK.
Romney will also take on Democratic front runner Hillary Clinton in the speech, calling her “untrustworthy and dishonest.” John Kasich, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio are the only remaining candidates for president with reasonable policy positions, Romney will say.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Justin Worland at firstname.lastname@example.org