Kate McKinnon brought her Ellen DeGeneres impersonation to Ellen.
Kanye West name-checked TIME in a new song reportedly titled “Closest Thing to Einstein”:
‘I know I’m the most influential/That TIME cover was just confirmation.’
At one point on the Oscars stage, Room star Jacob Tremblay shouted to host Chris Rock, “I loved you in Madagascar!”
After a brief closure for renovations to meet the high demand for its now famous rainbow bagels, Brooklyn’s Bagel Store is officially back open for business.
A 106-year-old woman was so excited about her first visit to the White House (to celebrate Black History Month) that she started dancing when she met the Obamas.
Time’s weekly take on what popped in culture
A woman in Washington State found a purple pearl in her restaurant meal. The upside: it’s worth at least $600.
Kylie Jenner and Kylie Minogue are locked in a legal battle over the former’s attempt to trademark the name Kylie.
A meteorologist for an L.A. news broadcast wore a dress that blended into the weather map.
Taco Bell Canada is now selling Crunchwrap Sliders stuffed with Cheetos.
Netflix’s Full House revival, Fuller House, is “excruciating,” “unfunny” and “mawkish,” according to critics.
In a Bachelor first, the lead (Ben Higgins) told both finalists that he loved them–mere days before he had to send one home.
A Florida man reportedly dragged a shark out of the ocean just so he could take a picture with it.
This appears in the March 14, 2016 issue of TIME.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving