It’s been more than a decade since Nemo was reunited with his family, but by the looks of a brand-new trailer for the film’s upcoming sequel, the adventure’s just beginning for his sidekick Dory.
Opening with a stingray migration scene that jars Dory’s memories of home, the Finding Dory trailer – which debuted on The Ellen DeGeneres ShowWednesday – features the forgetful blue tang’s fish attempts to find her long-lost family.
“I miss them,” Dory tells Marlin. “Do you know what that feels like?”
Directed by Finding Nemo’s Andrew Stanton, the sequel features Albert Brooks reprising his role of Marlin, with new stars Idris Elba, Dominic West, Diane Keaton, Eugene Levy, Ed O’Neill, Ty Burrell and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’s Kaitlin Olson, who voices an adorable whale shark named Destiny that pairs up with Burrell’s character to help Dory find her way home.
“In our show, I do a lot of improvising and in this, I was really trusting [Stanton], because it’s a kid’s movie,” Olson told EW of shaping her character’s personality. “If you let me improvise too much, it will get very adult very quickly. But there were definitely opportunities for throwing in a bunch of my own stuff, [and] definitely when I was working with Ellen and Ty.”
Finding Dory opens in theaters June 17.
This article originally appeared on EW.com
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space