Don’t mess with Lena Dunham.
The Girls creator and star took to Instagram to call out Spanish magazine Tentaciones for Photoshopping her image on their March cover.
“Oh hello Spanish magazine Tentaciones! I am genuinely honored to be on your cover and so happy you used a pic by @ruvenafanador – he always makes me feel gorgeous,” Dunham, 29, told her 2.4 million followers.
“But this is not what my body has ever looked like or will ever look like – mad photoshop has been done to this iteration,” she continued. “So if you’re into what I do, why not be honest with your readers? Much love, Lena.”
Dunham recently opened up about being confident with her body image.
“All the characters I play always dress like they’re a size 0 when they’re actually a size 10,” the actress explained to Paper magazine. “Some might call it ‘delusional’ and I like to think about it as this sort of rocket confidence that’s a little unearned but better than the opposite.”
“I think that it was important to me also to announce that ‘this is what I look like. I don’t have an interest in changing unless it’s on my own terms’ – I won’t say I’ll never lose weight in my life, but it’d have to be for reasons that made sense to me and weren’t to try to meet some industry standard.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com