When Leonardo DiCaprio finally took home an Oscar Sunday night for his role in The Revenant, he received a standing ovation and tons of support from fans on social media. He also got a very emotional reaction from his Titanic co-star and longtime pal Kate Winslet.
Winslet, who was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Steve Jobs, was briefly caught on camera during DiCaprio’s big moment:
She’s nearly in tears. She wanted this to happen so badly.
“I think you can sort of feel it, and I think that everyone wants it for [DiCaprio],” Winslet had told BBC News back in January. “It would be amazing … You can sort of feel the temperature. It’s probably going to be Leo’s year.”
Winslet didn’t end up winning Best Supporting Actress, but clearly she should win Best Super-Dramatic Face During Friend’s Acceptance Speech.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now