When Leonardo DiCaprio finally took home an Oscar Sunday night for his role in The Revenant, he received a standing ovation and tons of support from fans on social media. He also got a very emotional reaction from his Titanic co-star and longtime pal Kate Winslet.
Winslet, who was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Steve Jobs, was briefly caught on camera during DiCaprio’s big moment:
She’s nearly in tears. She wanted this to happen so badly.
“I think you can sort of feel it, and I think that everyone wants it for [DiCaprio],” Winslet had told BBC News back in January. “It would be amazing … You can sort of feel the temperature. It’s probably going to be Leo’s year.”
Winslet didn’t end up winning Best Supporting Actress, but clearly she should win Best Super-Dramatic Face During Friend’s Acceptance Speech.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org