When Leonardo DiCaprio finally took home an Oscar Sunday night for his role in The Revenant, he received a standing ovation and tons of support from fans on social media. He also got a very emotional reaction from his Titanic co-star and longtime pal Kate Winslet.
Winslet, who was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Steve Jobs, was briefly caught on camera during DiCaprio’s big moment:
She’s nearly in tears. She wanted this to happen so badly.
“I think you can sort of feel it, and I think that everyone wants it for [DiCaprio],” Winslet had told BBC News back in January. “It would be amazing … You can sort of feel the temperature. It’s probably going to be Leo’s year.”
Winslet didn’t end up winning Best Supporting Actress, but clearly she should win Best Super-Dramatic Face During Friend’s Acceptance Speech.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now