When Leonardo DiCaprio finally took home an Oscar Sunday night for his role in The Revenant, he received a standing ovation and tons of support from fans on social media. He also got a very emotional reaction from his Titanic co-star and longtime pal Kate Winslet.
Winslet, who was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Steve Jobs, was briefly caught on camera during DiCaprio’s big moment:
She’s nearly in tears. She wanted this to happen so badly.
“I think you can sort of feel it, and I think that everyone wants it for [DiCaprio],” Winslet had told BBC News back in January. “It would be amazing … You can sort of feel the temperature. It’s probably going to be Leo’s year.”
Winslet didn’t end up winning Best Supporting Actress, but clearly she should win Best Super-Dramatic Face During Friend’s Acceptance Speech.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022