As you may have heard, Leonardo DiCaprio finally won an Oscar Sunday night for his role in The Revenant. The win generated more than 400,000 tweets per minute, becoming the most-tweeted moment in Oscars history.
So yes, fans were thrilled. But obviously nobody was more delighted than Leo himself. In a clip posted by Variety, you can see the actor waiting to get his shiny new statue engraved after the ceremony. He tries to play it cool, but he can’t stop himself from grinning, drumming his fingers impatiently on the counter and cracking jokes at his own expense.
“Do you do this every year?” he asks. “I wouldn’t know.”
After he receives his newly personalized award, he clutches it to his bosom and gently whispers “I’ll never let go.” (Well, not exactly, but pretty much.)
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow