Update: At the 88th Academy Awards on Feb. 28, DiCaprio’s quest for Oscar glory was finally fulfilled with a win for his performance in The Revenant. His reaction, much like in years past, was nothing but gracious.
On Sunday night, Leonardo DiCaprio will attend the 88th Academy Awards, no doubt looking spiffy in a smart tuxedo, as he has done on many previous occasions. And though he’s walked away empty-handed on four such nights before, this year may be different: Everyone—actually, literally, basically, scientifically everyone—expects him to win for his bison liver-eating 19th century trapper in The Revenant. But accustomed as the actor may be to watching his peers clutch those trophies instead of him, DiCaprio has shown grace instead of grimacing every time. Instead of sneers and jeers, he doles out something sweeter: kisses.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time