Vice President Joe Biden will join with Lady Gaga at the Academy Awards Sunday to highlight the issue of sexual violence, according to White House officials.
Biden will introduce Lady Gaga’s performance of “Till It Happens to You,” her Oscar-nominated song from the documentary The Hunting Ground, officials say, and urge viewers to help change the culture around sexual assault. The documentary focusses on the problem of sexual assault on college campuses.
Biden, who authored the 1994 Violence Against Women Act, has been a key advocate for the White House’s “It’s On Us” campaign to encourage bystanders to take action when they witness sexual assault.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror