A man shot three members of the Park County Sheriff’s Office in Colorado on Wednesday, killing one and injuring two others, according to authorities.
A spokeswoman for the Colorado Bureau of Investigation said that the deputies were attempting to serve an eviction notice when the suspect opened fire, reports CNN.
While one deputy was killed, a second deputy was reported to have life-threatening injuries, Medina said. The third officer’s injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
“It is a dark day, and he would ask for prayers and thoughts, and just focusing everything you have on support of the Park County Sheriff’s Office,” the spokeswoman said of the sheriff.
The suspect was not identified but is believed to be dead, according to CNN.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org