The Sony World Photography Awards announced its shortlist today, trimming the field of candidates for this year’s Professional Photographer of the Year title from 230,103 down to 115.
Seven American photographers are in the running, including Stephanie Sinclair, Vladimir Frumin, Rob Gregory, Andrew Burton and Brendan Hoffman. They were selected among dozens of photographers from 186 countries.
The Professional Photographer of the Year, who receives a $25,000 cash prize, will be announced at a ceremony in London on April 21, along with winners competing in each category. All shortlisted images will be shown at Somerset House in London from April 22 to May 8.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow