The Simpsons mocked the spectacle that is the 2016 presidential election in a short clip that reimagines a world in which the candidates all get along.
The two-minute clip shows the crop of Republican and Democratic hopefuls dancing and singing along to James Taylor’s “How Sweet It Is” on stage. The dream sequence comes after Marge wakes up in a panic over the race and starts hyperventilating. “I can’t take it anymore!” she tells Homer. “Basic manners are gone from politics. What is it with these ding-dongs?”
Homer tries to calm her down by saying that the political situation is “just like when you have a bad dream, except this is real and will probably ruin your lives.” He advises her to “visualize another America,” one in which “Republicans and Democrats and Donald Trump all get along.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow