Reddit user McYay and her now fiancé were spending the day at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada in Toronto when they decided to check out the “Ray Bay,” a.k.a. the stingray exhibit. At the end of the show, the couple was chosen to participate in an activity that was — unbeknownst to McYay — all part of an elaborate proposal plot.
“The host asked for 2 volunteers to play a game and they picked us to go up,” she wrote. “The game is for him to try describing a stingray and me try to guess what type…The hosts asks me for my answer and I blurt out the name of the only stingray from the show I can remember which is a Roughtail stingray. Host lady says I can turn around and see for myself and tadaaaa.”
The Redditor turned around to see a sign that read, “Will you marry me?,” before her boyfriend got down on one knee and popped the question. However, one onlooker was determined to be a permanent fixture in the couple’s memories from the romantic day. An attention-hungry stingray managed to photobomb every single one of the proposal shots. Luckily, McYay thought the pictures were hilarious, explaining that she spent “the next 10 minutes crying and laughing at the same time,” after seeing them.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer