A poster has appeared in Moscow provocatively claiming that “Smoking kills more people than Obama, although he kills lots and lots of people,” accompanied by a picture of the American president smoking. It continues, “Don’t smoke, don’t be like Obama.”
No one immediately took credit for the poster, which was framed inside a bus shelter, the Guardian reports. Russia’s only liberal member of Parliament, Dmitry Gudkov, said it was “disgusting and embarrassing that this is appearing on the streets of the Russian capital” in a post on Facebook.
The poster appears after a string of accusations from Russians that the U.S. president is responsible for mass killings, including a video appeal to the U.N. and a banner hung across from the U.S. embassy calling Obama a “killer.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow