A young cancer patient serenaded Pope Francis with “Ave Maria” during the pontiff’s trip to Mexico City.
The Pope was visiting Federico Gomez Pediatric Hospital in Mexico City on Sunday when he met the girl, who sang as onlookers wiped tears from their eyes, ABC News reports. The Pontiff gave her a hug when she finished.
The visit was part of Pope Francis’ first official trip to Mexico, where he has drawn attention for planning stops at areas near the U.S. border and in cities troubled with drug violence and corruption.
“I ask God to bless you, and to accompany you and your families, and all those people who work in this home and try to ensure that your smiles grow day by day,” he said.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow