Sound issues plagued Adele as she belted out a ballad from her hit album 25 at the Grammy Awards Monday night.
Bruno Mars introduced the performance of “All I Ask,” a song he co-wrote with the British diva. Her new album, which came out after the deadline for the 2016 awards, won’t be eligible to take home its own accolades until next year.
While some fans took to social media to criticize the singer’s pitchy performance, others blamed the sound system, which cut in and out during the song.
More: See Celebrities on the Grammys Red Carpet
This was Adele’s first performance at the Grammys since 2012, when she sang “Rolling in the Deep.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction