Kanye West said he was more than $50 million in debt after releasing his new album on the Tidal streaming service.
The rapper told fans he was in the red late Saturday after performing on Saturday Night Live and announcing that his album, The Life of Pablo, was finally available. “I write this to you my brothers while still 53 million dollars in personal debt… Please pray we overcome… This is my true heart,” he wrote on Twitter.
Following the plea, Yeezy went back to Twitter on Sunday to ask Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg to invest $1 billion into his ideas. He also chose to postpone his album sales and begged fans instead to subscribe to Tidal.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time