Donald Trump was booed several times at Saturday night’s Republican debate.
The audience in South Carolina did not respond kindly to the front-runner’s attacks on Jeb Bush and the Bush family, with the crowd responding with several rounds of boos during the night.
“This is a man who insults his way to the nomination,” Bush said.
Trump attempted to blame the reaction on “lobbyists pulling for Bush, but the audience cut him off. “Jeb is so wrong. Jeb is absolutely self— just so you understand, you know what that is? That’s Jeb’s special interest and lobbyist talking.”
The booing was so noticeable that searches of “why are people booing?” spiked 1400% during the debate, according to Google.
South Carolina, site of the CBS News debate, will host its Republican primary Feb. 20 and Trump is in the lead there, with a polling average of 35%, according to RealClearPolitics.
Watch a clip of Trump getting booed above.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement