In the video released Thursday by the regime’s state broadcaster, titled ‘The Launching of the Earth Observation Satellite Kwangmyongsong-4,’ the rocket is seen shooting off from a gantry. It then cuts away to footage of the North Korean leader Kim Jong Un speaking to officers and traveling on a plane.
U.S. officials say the satellite is now “tumbling in orbit” about 300 miles above earth. Its launch has been strongly condemned by the international community.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow