In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly Radio, Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds reflected on making the film The Green Lantern back in 2011. It was a film that, by many accounts, didn’t really work out. But for Reynolds, it holds a great deal of sentimental value, because it’s where he met his wife, Blake Lively.
At first, the two actors were just “buddies,” Reynolds says. But then he explains the moment when he knew they were going to be more than that: on a double date. With other people.
“That was like the most awkward date for the respective parties because we were just like fireworks coming across [the table],” Reynolds said.
Listen to the clip here:
During the interview, Reynolds also talked about his daughter, James.
“I truly worship that kid. It’s terrible. She has me so far wrapped around her finger it’s dumb,” he said. “She says ‘dada’ and I will walk through a cement wall to get to her.”
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief