In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly Radio, Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds reflected on making the film The Green Lantern back in 2011. It was a film that, by many accounts, didn’t really work out. But for Reynolds, it holds a great deal of sentimental value, because it’s where he met his wife, Blake Lively.
At first, the two actors were just “buddies,” Reynolds says. But then he explains the moment when he knew they were going to be more than that: on a double date. With other people.
“That was like the most awkward date for the respective parties because we were just like fireworks coming across [the table],” Reynolds said.
Listen to the clip here:
During the interview, Reynolds also talked about his daughter, James.
“I truly worship that kid. It’s terrible. She has me so far wrapped around her finger it’s dumb,” he said. “She says ‘dada’ and I will walk through a cement wall to get to her.”
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now