Though light-up letters and emailed cards may be recent inventions, the Valentine’s Day card is a long-standing tradition. Case in point: these—sometimes odd—Valentine’s Day cards from the early 20th century. Read more about the history of Valentine’s Day here.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science