Though light-up letters and emailed cards may be recent inventions, the Valentine’s Day card is a long-standing tradition. Case in point: these—sometimes odd—Valentine’s Day cards from the early 20th century. Read more about the history of Valentine’s Day here.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time