Though light-up letters and emailed cards may be recent inventions, the Valentine’s Day card is a long-standing tradition. Case in point: these—sometimes odd—Valentine’s Day cards from the early 20th century. Read more about the history of Valentine’s Day here.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving