There’s good news for Harry Potter fans who won’t be able to make it to London to see the theatrical production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: the play will be published in book form immediately after its debut.
The script, written by Jack Thorne and based on a story by J.K. Rowling, Thorne and John Tiffany, will be published as an eBook by Pottermore, Rowling’s digital publishing platform, and in hardcover by Scholastic in the U.S. The first printing will be a “Special Rehearsal Edition,” reflecting the script from the early part of the preview period, and a later “Definitive Collector’s Edition” will present the finalized version (as many plays make small changes during previews).
The story picks up 19 years after the end of the original series, with Potter working at the Ministry of Magic, now a father of three. As Pottermore describes, “While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted.”
The play premieres on July 30, and the book will be released July 31, which just so happens to be The Chosen One’s birthday.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org