The Democratic debate Thursday was the first in which only Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders were on stage.
Coming on the heels of a closely fought battle in the Iowa caucuses, that led to a lot of tense moments between the sparring candidates.
And, since this is television, that led to some great use of the great innovation: the split-screen.
See some of the best reaction shots from Sanders and Clinton during split-screens at the debate in this video.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart