The Democratic debate Thursday was the first in which only Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders were on stage.
Coming on the heels of a closely fought battle in the Iowa caucuses, that led to a lot of tense moments between the sparring candidates.
And, since this is television, that led to some great use of the great innovation: the split-screen.
See some of the best reaction shots from Sanders and Clinton during split-screens at the debate in this video.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was