The Simpsons fans got an exciting surprise with the launch of a search engine called Frinkiac that matches any of the show’s quotes with the corresponding still from the long-running animated series.
“We had the idea several years ago when we were quoting The Simpsons at each other all day long, and it was surprisingly difficult to find an image of the scenes we were quoting on Google,” said Schulte in an interview with Wired.
The site contains nearly three million screenshots, culled from every episode of the show from season 1 through 15. Type in a quote or even just a keyword and the search engine will spit out possible corresponding stills from the series. For example, if you want to find the moment where Otto realizes he’s wasted his life or Homer Simpson is showing off the features of the Monorail saying, “This is the snack holder where I can put my beverage, or if you will, cupcake.” Simply type “snack holder” into Frinkiac and possible stills pop up.
Find the right one, click “Meme It”, and the quote becomes a shareable meme perfect for adding a little Simpsons into every group text, Tinder encounter, or chat with mom.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time