More than 1,000 students gathered at Texas A&M University on the weekend to compete in SpaceX’s Hyperloop pod competition. The Hyperloop is a theoretical high-speed transit system in which people- or cargo-carrying pods would be loaded into giant low-pressure tubes and sucked along by a large fan at speeds approaching Mach 1.
Just 30 teams won the chance to test their designs on a California test track this summer. See some of the winning designs above.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time