You might have known that Bernie Sanders has dabbled in folk music. But did you know he’s also dabbled in acting? The presidential candidate appeared in a low-budget 1999 romantic comedy called My X-Girlfriend’s Wedding Reception. His role was covered by Buzzfeed in April but is making the Internet rounds today.
He played a rabbi from Brooklyn who went on a rant about baseball for two-minutes. (Yes, there are several stereotypes at play here.) Behold:
Sanders is giving off a major Larry David vibe as he plays up his Jewish New York roots.
Here’s a brief synopsis of the film from IMDB: “The bride’s ex-boyfriend is a member of the band, a collection of musical misfits, at an Italian-Jewish wedding.” It doesn’t seem to have done particularly well. It doesn’t even have a Rotten Tomatoes score. We suppose people in 1999 just weren’t feeling the Bern.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer