The Vatican has downplayed suggestions that the Pope will make his acting debut in a spiritual film aimed at children.
According to a press release by Rome-based distribution and production company AMBI, reports Reuters, the pontiff will play himself in upcoming Italian film. The movie, Beyond the Sun, is described as a “family adventure story where children from different cultures emulate the apostles while searching for Jesus in the world around them.”
The Guardian says there were initially conflicting reports on the scale of the Pope’s involvement, with some reports suggesting he would feature significantly throughout the movie. However, AMBI’s website mentions that the film will only feature “an epilogue from Pope Francis telling children how and where to find Jesus.” And on Monday, a Vatican spokesman responded, noting: “the Pope is not an actor.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow