The Vatican has downplayed suggestions that the Pope will make his acting debut in a spiritual film aimed at children.
According to a press release by Rome-based distribution and production company AMBI, reports Reuters, the pontiff will play himself in upcoming Italian film. The movie, Beyond the Sun, is described as a “family adventure story where children from different cultures emulate the apostles while searching for Jesus in the world around them.”
The Guardian says there were initially conflicting reports on the scale of the Pope’s involvement, with some reports suggesting he would feature significantly throughout the movie. However, AMBI’s website mentions that the film will only feature “an epilogue from Pope Francis telling children how and where to find Jesus.” And on Monday, a Vatican spokesman responded, noting: “the Pope is not an actor.”
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement