Featuring Oscar-winning actress Helen Mirren, who describes herself as “a notoriously frank and uncensored British lady,” the ad called ‘Simply Put’ takes on drunk drivers in a bold way.
“The collective we are dumbfounded that people still drive drunk,” Mirren says. “If you drive drunk, you, simply put, are a shortsighted utterly useless oxygen wasting human form of pollution…if your brain was donated to science, science would return it. So stop it.”
Read More: Meet the Newest Budweiser Clydesdale Horse
She gets a little less stern as the ad goes on, but the woman who once played Queen Elizabeth II still gives it straight. Budweiser is also launching a site called StandWithBud.com that will allow users to search for ride services based on their zip code. Using the hashtag #GiveADamn will create an emoji of a Budweiser bottle next to a hand dropping a set of car keys. The hashtag will also prompt Bud to donate $1 for up to $1 million to safe ride programs every time the hashtag is used until 11:59 p.m. Sunday.
But don’t worry, the iconic Clydesdales are still coming back. This year’s spot will reportedly feature the horses in a “new light,” according to Advertising Age.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears