For those like us who prefer livestreaming the latest runway show to cheering on a football team during the big game, the name Cam Newton might not immediately ring any bells. But this weekend, the Carolina Panthers quarterback was suddenly all over our radar thanks to a pair of truly spectacular, statement-making trousers.
Wiz Khalifa may have cool pants, but he’s got nothing on Cam Newton. After seeing the Versace pair he wore while arriving in San Jose, California, for the Super Bowl, Kanye‘s definitely going to want to start screenshotting some of the football player’s finer looks to add to his pants Pinterest board. The form-fitting pair in question are a $849 design from Versace’s Spring 2014 menswear collection, featuring a swirl of black and white stripes with trompe l’oeil gold baroque designs around the outer edges.
Of course, Twitter immediately exploded with reactions to Cam’s bold sartorial look, ranging from comparisons to Seinfeld’s Kramer to praise for being the only man in the world who could pull off pants this loud.
But really, this is probably all a part of the quarterback’s secret plan to win the Super Bowl. While everyone’s caught up criticizing his pant game, he’ll be too busy winning the actual game to hear any of the haters. And we have a feeling he already has his victory song all picked out, courtesy of Migos.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time