A Florida woman was found dead on Friday in a motel room with two caged monkeys and a note, authorities said.
Police said they found Linda Marie Smith, 59, of Arcadia, in a room at the Budget Inn in North Port, Fla., on Friday. An “incoherent” man, whose name has not yet been released, was also in the room and is being questioned by authorities.
It’s unclear what was written in the note. There were also no obvious signs of trauma to Smith’s body, North Port police said, and the cause of death is under investigation.
The two Capuchin monkeys are in good health and are now under the care of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission, authorities said.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time