If you’ve ever been an Adam Sandler fan — and let’s be real, who hasn’t enjoyed comedy classics like Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore? — you’ve probably noticed that most of his movies feature not only many of the same actors, but some of the same characters as well. However, what you might not have realized is the extent to which the films in the 49-year-old actor’s cinematic universe are connected.
Luckily, YouTube user Shawn Kohne recently posted a video explaining the “Sandlerverse,” a theory that explores the details that link almost every Sandler movie in one way or another. From the often reoccurring, “You can do it!,” guy to the popular children’s book The Puppy Who Lost His Way, Kohne points out a plethora of Easter eggs that can be found throughout Sandler’s body of work.
The YouTuber told Mashable that he first noticed a tie-in between 50 First Dates and Tommy Boy. “After that it was just the process of literally watching EVERY Sandler and Happy Madison Production looking for connections,” he said.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time