The world is a cruel place.
A lot of McDonald’s customers are complaining that the fast food chain’s new mozzarella sticks are seriously lacking in mozzarella.
People have taken to Twitter to share their ire, accusing the restaurant of selling them what appear to be just fried bread crumbs that are hollowed out and filled with nothing but disappointment.
Fortune reported that McDonald’s began testing the new menu item in Wisconsin over the summer. After a successful trial, the chain decided to launch them nationwide on Jan. 4 as part of its “McPick 2” menu, a new promotion meant to replace its highly popular Dollar Menu that lets customers choose two items for $2. Aside from mozzarella sticks the options include McDouble and McChicken sandwiches, and small fries.
When ordering off the McPick 2 menu, $1 will get you three mozzarella sticks—a steal, unless of course they’re cheeseless.
McDonald’s could not immediately be reached for comment.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow