John Oliver started his own church last year, and he just told Jimmy Fallon how easy it was.
The Last Week Tonight host started “Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption” when he heard how mega-churches can take in millions of dollars in donations each year without having to pay taxes. The satire was impressive, but he made it seem pretty easy on Wednesday’s Tonight Show.
Oliver also discussed pulling off another noteworthy feat: interviewing Edward Snowden in Russia. He only failed to tell his bosses at HBO first.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer