Meet Freddie Tommo.
Louis Tomlinson welcomed his first child last week, and revealed him to the world late Wednesday night on Instagram and Twitter, captioning the photo, “Meet my little lad, Freddie.” He followed up with a tweet referring to his son, with Briana Jungwirth, as “Freddie Tommo” — “Tommo” being Tomlinson’s nickname — and then thanked his fans for their messages of support.
It was previously reported by The Sun that the child was named Sydney Rain, and as fans waited for official confirmation, one industrious Photoshoppercreated a fake People article that read that the baby had been named “Conchobar” — pronounced “Connor” — due to a bet he’d lost with One Direction bandmate Niall Horan.
Just as “Freddie” became a trending topic mere minutes after Tomlinson revealed his firstborn, “Conchobar,” too, was a top worldwide trend on Sunday, proving the almighty power of the One Direction fandom. See Tomlinson’s tweets below, and congrats to the happy family.
Soon after Tomlinson made the big reveal, Jungwirth posted a photo on Instagram taken from her hospital bed, sharing that the child’s full name is Freddie Reign, born Jan. 21.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.