Kanye West‘s sporadic Twitter activity has been ramping up lately, mostly to promote his new album Waves (formerly known as Swish, which was formerly known as So Help Me God).
But on Wednesday the rapper decided to go after “See You Again” rapper Wiz Khalifa in a lengthy Twitter spree that was at times hilarious (he compliments Khalifa’s pants), at times endearing (West admits to wishing he was skinnier—stars, they’re just like us!) and at times troubling (there were misogynistic insults about West’s ex-girlfriend Amber Rose, who is also the ex-wife of Khalifa and the mother of his child). West seemed to be responding to comments Khalifa made on Twitter about West’s new album title, though in his response Khalifa suggested that West perhaps misinterpreted some of what he was saying.
Update: West deleted all of his tweets, saying he wants to promote “positive energy.” Amber Rose has also responded with a somewhat NSFW tweet.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement