Two Tennessee teenagers died after they drank a deadly combination of racing fuel and Mountain Dew.
Officials say 16-year-old Logan Stephenson, of Greenbrier, Tenn., was found dead last Thursday in his bed, while his best friend died on Tuesday, reports The Tennessean.
Both boys drank what’s known as “Dewshine,” which Dr. Donna Seger of the Tennessee Poison Center describes as a failed attempt at making moonshine by mixing Mountain Dew and the racing fuel methanol, which was meant as a substitute for ethanol, a key ingredient in alcohol.
Two other teens have come forward after the incident, admitting they drank a similar substance, and received treatment, according to Seger.
The teens’ cause of death has not yet been officially confirmed.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time