The most popular doll in history has three new bodies: tall, petite and curvy versions will now be sold alongside the original model.
Mattel’s decision to re-design Barbie’s iconic body with three new body types (curvy, petite, and tall) launched a two-year-long process during which Barbie designers discussed, sketched, sculpted and built prototypes of what the new Barbies would look like.
“To allow for new variety in body type seemed like the natural progression of an evolution of a brand that is always strived to really reflect the culture and be current,” says Robert Best, one of the lead designers on the Barbie brand.
The three additional body shapes will be sold along with the original as of January 28th via Barbie.com, and will be in retail stores later this year. Check out this gallery of all the evolved Barbie looks.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time