As of Tuesday, a barrel of crude oil cost $30.34. At this time last year, it was at around $55. Since then prices have been falling fast, hitting their lowest level in over a decade. Here are a few things you probably wouldn’t have ever thought would be more expensive than oil.
If you’ve noticed a spike in the cost of your favorite spicy salmon roll, it could be because, as Bloomberg reports, the fish has reached record high prices. A single 4.5 kg salmon, which is the standard size, now goes for more than $40.
A Dinner Date at Olive Garden
The average bill for a dinner for two at the Italian chain restaurant would cost you $33. That’s quite a steal with unlimited breadsticks and never ending pasta bowls, yet it’s still more expensive than a barrel of crude.
If a brown bag isn’t fashionable enough for your little one, you can buy a leopard print lunch box from Jessica Alba’sHonest Company. It’s priced at $29.95, but is sure to pass the $30.34 threshold after shipping fees and taxes.
A Night in Delaware
The First State is also the country’s least visited state with just over 7 million people traveling there each year. Whereas the same price on Airbnb would get you a couch or a walk-in closet with a mattress in some cities, for $45 you can find a full private floor in Wilmington, Delaware.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror