As of Tuesday, a barrel of crude oil cost $30.34. At this time last year, it was at around $55. Since then prices have been falling fast, hitting their lowest level in over a decade. Here are a few things you probably wouldn’t have ever thought would be more expensive than oil.
If you’ve noticed a spike in the cost of your favorite spicy salmon roll, it could be because, as Bloomberg reports, the fish has reached record high prices. A single 4.5 kg salmon, which is the standard size, now goes for more than $40.
A Dinner Date at Olive Garden
The average bill for a dinner for two at the Italian chain restaurant would cost you $33. That’s quite a steal with unlimited breadsticks and never ending pasta bowls, yet it’s still more expensive than a barrel of crude.
If a brown bag isn’t fashionable enough for your little one, you can buy a leopard print lunch box from Jessica Alba’sHonest Company. It’s priced at $29.95, but is sure to pass the $30.34 threshold after shipping fees and taxes.
A Night in Delaware
The First State is also the country’s least visited state with just over 7 million people traveling there each year. Whereas the same price on Airbnb would get you a couch or a walk-in closet with a mattress in some cities, for $45 you can find a full private floor in Wilmington, Delaware.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time