The spot—paid for by Cruz’s campaign and not, like many other attack ads this cycle, by a PAC—highlights clips of Trump saying he is pro-choice and explaining, “I lived in New York City in Manhattan all my life, so, you know, my views are a little bit different than if I lived in Iowa.”
The ad also has a clip from a November rally when Trump asked “How stupid are the people of Iowa?”
The ad doubles down on Cruz’s previous criticism of Trump, pointing out that his are “New York values—not ours.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow