When visiting an unfamiliar place, navigation apps like Google Maps can be a godsend. Google allows you to save certain frequently visited locations, such as your home and office, to make getting directions that much quicker.
If an address is set, all it takes is a few taps to get turn-by-turn instructions to or from your house or workplace. This means you won’t have to manually type in your address to find your way.
Here’s one way to store your home and work addresses in Google Maps:
- Launch the Google Maps app and make sure you’re signed in to your Google account. To do this, just tap the menu icon that appears next to the Google Maps search bar. If you’re signed in, your name and profile picture should appear.
- Type the word “Home” in the search bar.
- Select the word “Home” as it appears from the drop down menu in Google’s search results. Make sure you tap the word and not a store or restaurant with “Home” in its name (i.e. Home Depot).
- You should then see a prompt from Google asking if you’d like to set your home location. Press “Add.”
- Type in your home address. When you’re finished, that location will appear on the map.
- To save your work location in Google Maps, repeat the same steps above by typing the word “Work” instead of “Home” in the search bar.
Here’s an alternative way to save those locations:
- Open Google Maps.
- Tap the menu icon next to the search bar.
- If you’re signed in to Google Maps, you’ll see an option called “Your places.” Select it, or sign in if you don’t see it.
- Press “Home” or “Work” depending on which address you’d like to enter. If you already have addresses saved for either of these locations, they’ll appear here and you can tap the X next each place to remove it.
- After tapping “Home” or “Work, type in the address you’d like to save.