Here’s a brief introduction to Jonathan Blow’s The Witness, an elliptical puzzle game staged on an abandoned island that is likely to absorb, frustrate and delight you. I should warn viewers that I spoil the game’s first handful of puzzles in what amounts to its starter area, but nothing beyond. In reviewing the title for Playstation 4 and PC (coming to iOS devices later this year), I try my best to skirt hyperbole—because I definitely love this thing. As I wrote:
To read the rest of the review, you can click here.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.