“The Bat is dead,” Superman declares in one of two new teasers for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but Gotham’s Dark Knight is clearly not ready to go quietly into the night.
The two new teasers for the upcoming superhero epic, which aired during Sunday’s NFL playoff games, establish the two states of mind that cause Batman and Superman to go to war with each other. The first, viewable above, shows Clark Kent first trying to deal with Batman via his day job at the Daily Planet. But when Perry White (Laurence Fishburne) refuses to let him settle this score in the press, Clark takes matters into his own hands.
The second teaser takes place from Bruce Wayne’s point of view. Blaming Superman for the city-destroying events of Man of Steel, Bruce furiously explains to Alfred (Jeremy Irons) that they have to treat Superman’s potential “to wipe out the entire human race” as a serious threat.
Just how costly this battle proves to be remains a mystery, but Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg), Doomsday, and Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) will all have a role to play as justice dawns and the DC cinematic universe begins to expand.
Batman v Superman hits theaters on March 25.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now