The chore gets very old very quickly, so that’s why Cliff White, a soldier based at Fort Campbell, Ky., accepted a neighbor’s challenge Friday morning to shovel snow in his Tyrannosaurus rex Halloween costume while his wife Amy had the camera rolling.
“It was spur of the moment,” says White, 39, a member of the Army’s 2nd Brigade Combat Team. “I can’t go to work because of the snow, so I thought, I’ll just have some fun. We’re all going to get a good laugh out of it.”
Facebook users around the world are getting a good laugh out of it, too, as the video has racked up more than 1.3 million views since his wife first uploaded it around 9:30 a.m.
He claims the suit didn’t get in the way of the shoveling at all. “I was in my boxers because that thing warms up real good,” he says, “but besides T. Rex having such short arms, it was really comfortable. I could do this all day.”
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time